1. Five Spiced Duck Breast with Lentils from Redwood Bistro
A dish that lives long in the memory. Beautifully balanced and splendidly executed.
2. BBQ Brassicas, Jerusalem Artichoke and Confit Egg at Feast of the First Frost
A magical dish as part of a magical meal.
3. BLT Burger from Jones & Son
A really satisfying burger that was one of the hits of the summer.
4. Cheese Steak Slider at Roast
A Glasgow treat that is simply outstanding.
5. Focaccia at Twelve Triangles
Daily changing, the focaccia, often featuring homemade ricotta, is so damn good.
6. Smoked Haddock Rarebit from Mhor 84
A Perthshire delicacy, the rarebit at Mhor 84 is well worth the drive to sample it.
7. Crab and Chips from Barnacles and Bones
Hard to choose the crab over the shortrib, but what’s certain is that Barnacles and Bones serves outstanding food.
8. Fish Burger from Blackfriars
One of the great Edinburgh lunchtime dishes, make sure to try the Blackfriars fish burger in 2016.
9. Freekeh Porridge with Puffed Kamut from Scratch Series
A dish I could have eaten all year, this was the most memorable culinary moment of a fantastic evening at Scratch Series.
10. Nori Wrap at Moon & Hare
A great new vegan, vegetarian and gluten free cafe in Bruntsfield, the nori wrap at Moon & Hare is an absolute winner.